How can I set up for Making Tax Digital for VAT in Xero?
Wondering how to set up for Making Tax Digital (MTD) in Xero?
We show you how to set up for MTD for VAT using Xero accounting software. It takes just a few simple steps:
1. Start by entering your VAT number into ‘Financial Settings’.
2. When you open Xero’s VAT return for the first time, you can select to use the ‘MTD VAT return’.
3. Xero prompts you to sign up to MTD with HMRC.
4. Use your Government Gateway details to log in to HMRC and sign up.
5. You’ll receive a confirmation email within 72 hours. Once received, select ‘Continue’ after signing up in Xero.
6. Connect your Xero organisation to HMRC and grant authority.
You’re now ready to prepare and submit MTD VAT returns in Xero!
These videos are intended as a general guide only. Please consider what is best for your business. If you require further information specific to your business needs, please speak to your professional advisor/s